Commercial Building Permit

 Commercial projects performed in West Baton Rouge Parish requires a Commercial Contractor to apply for all building permits, no matter the dollar amount. The commercial contractor must be licensed through the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors. Please email or call to verify your companies registration status.

The West Baton Rouge Parish Permit Office conducts inspections throughout the entire Parish, including parts of Iberville Parish; Rosedale and Grosse Tete. West Baton Rouge Parish adopted the 2015 Codes after the State of Louisiana adopted on February 1, 2018

West Baton Rouge Parish does not issue Commercial Building Permits for The Town of Brusly,The City of Port Allen, or Village of Rosedale. To verify your jurisdiction please visit the West Baton Rouge Assessor’s Map or contact our office.

Please contact the municipality below if your property is in the limits of: 

The West Baton Rouge Permit Office requires all State Licensed Contractors (general and sub-contractors) to be registered before applying for a permit.To verify your registration or renewal, please contact via email or call our office directly.

The below PDF Packet is for New Construction, renovations, or additions. If you have questions please contact us via email or phone. If construction begins before a permit is issued a double fee may be assessed. The double fee penalty shall not exceed $500. Chapter 107 Appendix A. - Building Permit Fees and Valuations