- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- My bill seems higher. Do I have a leak?
We recommend reviewing your last 15 months history of your water bills. If your bills have increased tremendously, it may be due to a leak. To check for a leak, turn off all faucets in the home or anything that may use water. Once this step is taken, go to the meter and see if the dials are spinning. If so, you have a leak somewhere. If dials are not spinning, call the office with the reading you get off of the meter @ 225-336-2406 and someone can determine if the meter is correct or may have been over read.
- If my water is disconnected due to nonpayment, do I have to come into the office to have it restored?
Yes. Additionally we do accept payments by phone using your MasterCard or Visa. Please be advised there is a convenience fee when using these methods of payment. DO NOT PAY ONLINE IF YOU ARE DISCONNECTED FOR NONPAYMENT.
- When will my payment post to my account?
If paying in person or through ESuite System, your payment will post the same day. When paying using personal bank’s bill pay it could take up to three business days to receive payment; receiving a confirmation number does not confirm an immediate payment to the water company.
- Where are you located?
We are located at 880 N Alexander Ave, Port Allen, LA 70767 next to the Library and in front of the Court House.
- If I paid to have service restored today, what time can I expect my water to be reconnected?
Same day reconnection is not guaranteed. We will do our best to restore your service as soon as possible.
- Is my meter read every month?
Yes. Each meter is read manually every month; however, we have secured grant funds to upgrade all meters to AMR (smart meters) which will provide timely and accurate readings.
- I have been gone all month and have not used any water, why do I still owe a water bill?
Every active water account is charged a minimum monthly water bill based on the size of the water meter regardless of usage.
- Is there other ways to make payments other than online or in person?
Yes, we offer bank draft which is done in-house and we draft your checking or savings account on the 5th of every month. We also have night box drop locations that you can put payments in after hours. Locations are: Town Hall in Addis, 7818 La 1, Brusly Utility Office/Voter Registration Office, 150 E. St Francis, and our main office in Port Allen at 880 N Alexander Ave.